Final Blog Post: My Relationship with Technology; Health or Unhealthy

     Everyone should look at our relationship with technology to see how technology affects them. It is important to think about the role it...

Sunday, September 11, 2022

Blog Post #1: My Top Five New Sources


Introduction

    The place where you get your news matters. Getting it from only one source can make the way you look at world events and other news very one-sided. Here are my five different sources of news: 


    The New York Times is usually the first source of news that I list when talking about different places to get you new. I originally started to read the New York Times because of my mom. She had a subscription to the Times and started to send me articles, so I would read them a lot. Then when I would start to look at the news in the world, I would look at the New York Times because I trusted them. I would recommend the Times because I think it's an exciting place to look at the news. A lot of times, people look for videos on what is going on rather than reading about it, and I think that this is a place to start reading about the news. I also think it is a good look at what journalism is because there are not many 'good' sources for that anymore. Though others might disagree, for one reason or another, I think the New York Times is still a good place to find and read your news from. 



      Twitter is the first place I go for news, and I tend to see news from it first. I find myself on Twitter a couple times a day, so a lot of times, when breaking news happens, I see it on Twitter. I find it really cool that you can see both sides of an argument, for the most part, active in the response about topics that are going on. Though I usually use Twitter as a sort of news delivery, and when I find something out there, I then go to another source like The Washington Post or the Times to see what is going on. I would recommend Twitter to people who want to share their thoughts on events and find others with similar thoughts to yours. 


        
    TikTok is a relatively new addition to the list of places I find myself getting news from. I started getting into watching TikTok regularly very recently. The reason I have it down as a news source is for two reasons. One is that there are a lot of TikToks on current world events that reveal feelings or information about certain things going on. The second reason is that it has a lot of the popular culture news that is going on that is different than the regular news that would be in a place like the New York Times. I would recommend this as a source of news because it is an interesting way to hear about the news. It also gives a different view of the news going on, whether through serious videos or comedy ones where they are talking about what is going on. I think that it is just an interesting way to see how people are feeling about certain news that is going on in the world. 





    The Washington Post is another news source that I picked up from my mom. I like this source of news for a very similar reason to why I like the Times. I like that it seems to be a reputable source of news, so I feel comfortable getting my news from it. I also like that it has clear principles that it is trying to uphold when it comes to journalism. I would recommend this source of news because I think it is a good place to get the news from or at least one side of the news. 





    
    Instagram is usually the last place I look for news, but I do tend to see a lot about it on this app. It is mostly through friends reposting things about whatever is going on at the time. I like this source of news because it is mostly done through people posting about topics in the world, so you get to see others' thoughts and ideas of what's going on. I would recommend this platform because it is a free place to post about your thoughts on things even if that is not what most people do, it is still an option. 

No comments:

Post a Comment